This beautiful, well-kept and well-managed cemetery, which is still active, began as Trinity Cemetery in 1876. The name was changed to Greenwood in 1896. It covers over 30 acres and contains around 14,000 graves. In addition to its hundreds of noted residents, Greenwood has one of the largest populations of Civil War veterans – both CSA and Union – and some of the finest monuments and mausoleums in the area. History comes alive here!
This is a walking tour only. Participants will meet at the designated cemetery for the tour.
Guide: Paul McLin (lead guide) and Frances James (assisting as health allows)