Student Programming and Field Trips
If your program is scheduled to take place at the Hall of State, please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the program.
For pre- and post- activities, free program downloads and TEKS material, click here for the DHS Teacher Resource Page.
VISITING THE HALL OF STATE IN HISTORIC FAIR PARK
Group Tours are not being offered at this time.
- 30 minute tour (50 student max/tour)
- Grades 3-12
- Docent led
- $4.00 per student
- We request 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students. Complimentary tickets are provided for these chaperones and bus driver. Additional chaperones are required to purchase a ticket at the rate of $5.00 per person.
Students will learn about Texas history while touring the Great Hall of the Hall of State, which was built as a part of the 1936 Centennial to honor Texas State History. Guided tour features the murals, statues, architecture, photographs and current museum exhibits that illustrate Texas History. The Texas History Tour is available Tuesday-Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- All Grades
Students will learn about Texas History while touring the Hall of State, which was built as part of the 1936 Centennial to honor Texas State History. Self-Guided tours feature the murals, statues, architecture, photographs and current museum exhibitions that illustrate the great history of Texas. Information about the building is available for FREE download on the Teacher Resource Page.
CLICK HERE to see a list of current exhibits.
- Recommended for Grades 3rd and up
- All exhibits are located in the Hall of State in Fair Park
- FREE Admission
HISTORIC CHARACTER PERFORMANCES
- All character performances are available in-school as well as at the Hall of State as a field trip
- Programs not available at the Hall of State during the State Fair of Texas
- Duration of program is 45 minutes to one hour with an optional Q & A session for the students
- $300 First Performance; $100 (each) 2nd and 3rd Performance (same character). Max three in one day.
HISTORIC CHARACTERS FOR GRADES 3-12
Reminisce with “Ole Big Tex,” a real cowboy, as he remembers his life and adventures on the cattle trail from ranch to market. Stories, songs and hands-on objects bring the Texas cattle trail to life in front of students’ eyes.
For Grades K – 4