Student Programming and Field Trips
If your program is scheduled to take place at the Hall of State, please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the program.
For pre- and post- activities, free program downloads and TEKS material, click here for the DHS Teacher Resource Page.
VISITING THE HALL OF STATE IN HISTORIC FAIR PARK
Want to see the building before you visit? CLICK HERE to take a virtual tour of the Hall of State!
- 30 minute tour (50 student max/tour)
- Grades 3-12
- Docent led
- $3.00 per person
- Teachers FREE
Students will learn about Texas history while touring the Great Hall of the Hall of State, which was built as a part of the 1936 Centennial to honor Texas State History. Guided tour features the murals, statues, architecture, photographs and current museum exhibits that illustrate Texas History. The Texas History Tour is available Tuesday-Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- All Grades
Students will learn about Texas History while touring the Hall of State, which was built as part of the 1936 Centennial to honor Texas State History. Self-Guided tours feature the murals, statues, architecture, photographs and current museum exhibitions that illustrate the great history of Texas. Information about the building is available for FREE download at the Teacher Resource.
EXHIBITS AND TRAVELING TRUNKS
VIEW EXHIBIT SCHEDULE AT THE HALL OF STATE BY CLICKING HERE
Recommended for Grades 3rd and up
All exhibits are located in the Hall of State in Fair Park
- Grades 1-4.
- Available any day of the week.
- Each presentation will be approximately 30 minutes long.
- Flat Rate of $250 which includes TWO 30-minute presentations for 25 students each (50 students total).
- Additional 30-minute presentations are $50 each.
- Can be an in-school or field trip program.
Traveling Hands-On Exhibit facilitates a discussion of Native Americans, cowboys and cattle drives, life on the Texas frontier, the ranching industry, as well as frontier games and toys.
HISTORIC CHARACTER PERFORMANCES
- All character performances are available in-school as well as at the Hall of State as a field trip
- Programs not available at the Hall of State during the State Fair of Texas
- Duration of program is 45 minutes to one hour with an optional Q & A session for the students
- $300 First Performance; $100 (each) 2nd and 3rd Performance (same character). Max three in one day.
Grades K – 4
Reminisce with “Ole Big Tex,” a real cowboy, as he remembers his life and adventures on the cattle trail from ranch to market. Stories, songs and hands-on objects bring the Texas cattle trail to life in front of students’ eyes.
Grades Pre-K – 1st
Aunt Rose tells Fairy Tales Texas style.
DHS programs sponsored in part by: City of Dallas-Office of Cultural Affairs
To become a DHS member, click here.