Hall of State

The Hall of State: Our Greatest Asset

The Hall of State in Dallas’ Fair Park, is the “home” of the Dallas Historical Society.

Need more information?

  • For hours and directions, CLICK HERE to plan your visit
  • For a self-guided tour, CLICK HERE (will open as a new document)

About the Hall of State

Built by the State of Texas for the 1936 Centennial Exposition, the Hall of State has hosted events honoring presidents, royalty, heads of state, and other dignitaries for over eighty years. Located just minutes from downtown Dallas, the Hall of State can be rented for private functions ranging from corporate dinners or meetings to weddings or gala social events.

Rental fees support the operations of the Dallas Historical Society and represent our single largest revenue stream. Imagine cocktails in the impressive Hall of Heroes followed by a sumptuous dinner in the Great Hall, dancing under the stars in clear tents set up on the front lawn, a stockholders meeting in the Margaret and Al Hill Lecture Hall, or a product launch in the Texas Rooms. The possibilities are endless and the event support services offered by our responsive team of experts assure every event to be a fabulous success.

For more information or to book the building for your next meeting or special event, email Nora Lenhart  or call 214-421-4500 ext. 106.

CLICK HERE to learn more about hosting events at the Hall of State.


Hall of State FAQs

The Hall of State was built in 1936, as part of the Texas Centennial Exposition.

Donald Bartheleme designed the building.

The Hall of State cost $1.25 million to construct.

The Hall of State is owned by the City of Dallas. The Dallas Historical Society manages it.

The figures are symbols of industry and agriculture of the state.

The statues are of men who shaped the Republic of Texas. They include Sam Houston, Mirabeau Lamar, Thomas Rusk, William Travis, Stephen F. Austin and James Fannin.

The Cordova Cream limestone and the Cordova Shell limestone was locally sourced from the Armadillo Quarry in Texas. The marble used in the building came from Europe.

Eugene Savage of New York painted the murals to represent Texas history from early exploration to 1936. The murals are 30' high by 80' wide.