About the DHS
The Hall of State
Historic City Tours
Links to Other Sites
Dallas History Special Section:
Bonnie and Clyde
- March 24, 1909: Clyde Barrow is born in Telico, TX.
- October 1, 1910: Bonnie Parker is born in Rowena, TX.
- 1914: Bonnie's family moves to Dallas.
- 1921: The Barrow family moves to Dallas.
Bonnie Parker´s elementary school.
- 1926: Bonnie marries Roy Thornton, who is later imprisoned.
- November 1929: Clyde is arrested, and later released, for a series of robberies.
- January 1930: Clyde and Bonnie meet.
Formerly, Hargrave´s Cafe, where Bonnie Parker worked.
- February 1930: Clyde is arrested and incarcerated in the McClennan County jail.
- March 8, 1930: Bonnie smuggles a gun to Clyde, which he uses to escape.
- March 19, 1930: Clyde is captured in Ohio, extradited to Texas, and sentenced to 14 years.
- February 2, 1932: Clyde is paroled due to the efforts of his mother.
- April 18, 1932: The Barrow gang robs a hardware store in Kaufman. Bonnie is arrested on April 19 and then released after 3 months.
- April 30, 1932: The Barrow gang robs a store in Hillsboro, TX, killing the owner, John Bucher.
- August 5, 1932: At an outdoor dance in Stringtown, OK, Sheriff Eugene Moore is killed, and Sheriff C. G. Maxwell is wounded.
- October 11, 1932: Clyde kills a grocery store owner, Howard Hall, during a robbery.
- December 25, 1932: Doyle Johnson is killed as his car is stolen.
- January 6, 1933: Malcolm Davis is killed after attempting to arrest them in Dallas.
- April 13, 1933: A shootout occurs at their hideout in Joplin, MO. Officers Wesley Harriman and Harry McGinnis are killed. The famous pictures of Bonnie and Clyde are found on a roll of left behind film.
- June 10, 1933: The gang is involved in a car wreck. Bonnie is severely burned and crippled.
- June 23, 1933: After a slight wreck, a shootout occurs, and Marshall Henry Humphrey is killed.
- July 19, 1933: A shootout occurs at some tourist cabins in Platte City, MO. Buck Barrow is severely wounded, and his wife, Blanche, is partially blinded.
- July 24, 1933: The Barrow gang is camping out at Dextfield Park, IA when a large posse opens fire. Buck dies in custody several days later, and Blanche is imprisoned.
- November 22, 1933: On the way to a visit with their families, Bonnie and Clyde are ambushed by Dallas police. They escape with minor wounds.
- January 16, 1934: A prison break is staged by Clyde to get Ray Hamilton out. One officer, Joseph Crowson, is killed, and four other prisoners escape.
- February, 1934: Frank Hamer is hired to catch Bonnie and Clyde.
- April 1, 1934: Two Grapevine police officers, E. B. Wheeler and H. D. Murphy, are killed by Clyde and Henry Methvin. Bonnie reportedly steps out of the car and shoots the dying officers again.
- April 6, 1934: Two police officers stop to investigate their stalled car. Constable Calvin Campbell is killed. Police chief Percy Boyd is kidnapped, but later released.
- May 23, 1934: Hamer and his posse, using information provided by a gang member's father, ambush and kill Bonnie and Clyde in Gibsland, LA
Above: Car used in the movie Bonnie and Clyde starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in 1967. On display at Dallas´ Planet Hollywood.
Clyde and Buck Barrow´s grave located at the Western Heights Cemetery in Dallas.
Bonnie Parker´s grave located at the Crown Hill Cemetery in Dallas.